What the health!
We know that understanding the ins and outs of your medical coverage is as confusing as health, so we've provided this page to help. Start with this tip: when in doubt, call BVA Customer Care at 1-855-686-8517. A customer service representative should help with all things related to your medical insurance. If you run into problems, contact your Union's insurance committee chair for assistance.
Contact Benefits Value Advisors for all of your insurance needs. Call 1-855-686-8517 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
Teladoc is a free service we have access to that allows you to consult a doctor over the phone. 1-800-362-2667
Register with BCBSIL online at https://members.hcsc.net/wps/portal/bam to view plan benefits and other information.
Other Helpful Information
- Prescriptions can be filled with AllianceRx Walgreens Prime (1-877-357-7463)
- EyeMed will be the new voluntary vision carrier effective September 1, 2017. Employees may only enroll during the annual enrollment period and may not make changes during the benefit year except in the case of a Special Enrollment Right or a Qualifying Event.
- 24/7 Nurseline: 1-800-299-0274
- Pharmacy Program: 1-800-423-1973
- Provider Locator: 1-800-810-2583
- Pre-Authorization for Medical Procedures: 1-800-635-1928
- Pre-Authorization for Mental Health/Substance Abuse Admission: 1-800-851-7498
- Note: call one day before inpatient or skilled nursing facility admission, receiving home health services; and within two days of an emergency maternity or for a a mental health/substance abuse admission.
- Egyptian Area Trust is the name of the group of schools that have pooled their resources to provide more affordable insurance for school employees.
- Watch a quick video to help you understand how deductibles work.